HP offers high-end quality printers loaded with distinctive features. But like any other printer, HP printers do face some common and uncommon issues. One of the most likely to happen error which prevents you from completing your printing tasks is “Printers showing offline”. But HP provides an edge to resolve such errors and only a few clicks of the mouse will work for HP.
Nevertheless, resolving errors with HP is quite easier, but one should always maintain the best condition of printer by following essential measures.
How to Get HP Printer Online?
There could be several factors responsible for the occurrence of HP printer offline error, but the below-given steps will help you resolve it effortlessly.
- You need to turn on the computing device which is connected to your printer. You don’t need to turn printer for this step.
- Go to start menu and select “Drivers and Printers”.
- Select the HP printer from the list by clicking on its icon.
- You can see the Offline status. Click on Offline and select Printer option.
- Now, undo the use printer offline option.
This is how you can get your printer back in the online mode but another concern that deserves all limelight is “how to check the issues from happening again and again.”
There are few necessary measures given below which will help you avoid “Printer says Offline” errors for a long run.
- Restart your printer, by switching it off and turning on again. Keep the printer off for few minutes to reboot properly.
- Network connectivity plays an important role in such cases. So, make sure your device properly connected to your printer. The light in the back of printers show the connectivity status and it should be green for proper connectivity.
- Make sure the account you are using for your computing device must have the “Manage printer” rights.
- Download all latest drivers for your device using the official website.
Apart from the above-mentioned measures, one can troubleshoot the issues which are preventing your printer to connect to your device.
- You can use the troubleshooter available inbuilt in your computing device. Type “troubleshooter” in the search box and then select “troubleshooting” when you can see it in the main window.
- Under the option Hardware and sound, select “Use a printer”.
- Follow the prompts and let it fix the issues that are promoting any error while using your printer. Also, it will guide you to resolve other related errors.
If you are fed up trying all troubleshooting methods but unable to bring your printer to online mode, you can directly contact HP experts via HP printer support number and discuss “why is my printer offline?” and other related concerns. The technicians will remotely access your device and resolve the errors or whatever the cause of errors. In this way, you can fetch a guaranteed solution for your dilemma. The best part is you don’t need to move out of your place to avail technical support for your HP printer.