Like any other popular brand, HP also includes MS Windows as the built-in operating system. The best things about Windows OS is that they come with their own System Recovery setup, which is used to fix certain problems and restore the efficacy of your device, just like a newly bought.
To unveil the other related information, read the blog carefully.
What system recovery does on your screen?
- It helps you resolve a number of issues such as system file errors which can prevent you from using your HP device.
- Restore your system files, even if they are infected.
- It provides the scan on your device’s memory for any error.
What are the types of system recovery?
There are majorly three types of system recovery, but some of the newly launched versions include only two types of recovery option. Let’s get familiar with different types of system recovery:
System recovery: This recovery type is used to clear and format the entire C: drive of your system. It only recovers disk associated to the operating system and doesn’t affect the disk partition.
Factory reset: It deeply cleans your system by removing all the partitions, formatting the hard drive. Once formatted, it regenerates the recovery partition along with the UEFI partition.
Minimized image recovery: In order to remove all the partitions of the disk, Minimized image recovery is used. It not only formats the hard drive but also re-install the operating system, hardware drivers, and the inbuilt software.
How to perform the recovery of Window from the desktop screen:
- Shut down the computer.
- Remove the peripheral devices such as USB cables and other external drives. But do not remove the monitor, mouse, and keyboard or power cable.
- Turn on the computer.
- Go to the Start menu and then “All programs”.
- Select Recovery Manager and then again select Recovery Manager.
- You may be asked to provide the administrator password and confirm it. Click “Yes” to permit User Account Control windows to make changes on your device.
- Click the System Recovery option, under the “I need help immediately” option.
- The device will restart. After the successful hard disk partition, the Recovery Manager window shows up on your screen.
- Select System Recovery.
- When asked to back up your files, make a selection from the recovery options.
- If you want to skip restoring your personal file as you already have the backup, click upon Recover without backing up your files and click “Next”.
- Click OK on the warning page.
- Now once you are done with system recovery, click Finish and restart your device.
- Follow the instruction to complete the screen setup.
- Turn off the device and reconnect all peripheral and then turn on the computer.
- Once you are done with system recovery, update your device and reconfigure the security settings to protect your computer.
- Reinstall the antivirus programs on your device.
If you are not able to use your system recovery tool to get rid of technical halts, reach the HP tech support number to take guidance from HP experts.