HP offers top of the line printers range which includes the inbuilt scanner. It is the very affordable solution to satisfy your printing and scanning need in one gadget. The HP printers are known to perfectly scan high-resolution images. One can edit, share or use the scanned images in different ways. Basically scanning is the turning the hard copies into the digital ones, totally opposite which a printer does, but both scanners and printer are found under the same machine. HP printers have the best scanning capability, but the condition is scanner should be enabled and working properly. If all of sudden your HP printer stops scanning, here is something for you. Read below:
If your Scanning function in HP printer have been stopped working, the solution is mentioned underneath.
Step 1: Begin with HP Print and Scan doctor:
HP offers an inbuilt tool to troubleshoot the technical faults with your device. Mainly it is focused to resolve the printing and scanning problems. You can start scanning the issue by simply downloading the software and running it on your HP computing device. It will search for the troubled area automatically.
- begin with scanning and let it scan
- If the scanner won’t help then try next solution.
Uninstall the HP printer:
If the HP Scan and doctor fails to determine and fix the error, you need to uninstall the printer with the below-given steps:
- Remove the USB cable from your computer and printer to disconnect the connection
- Using the search window, click upon Programs and features.
- From the list of programs, select the name of your HP printer and click Uninstall.
- Click Yes.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to remove the printer program.
- Restart your device.
Get the latest drivers for your printer:
Drivers determine the sleek performance of your HP printer on your computer. This is how you can install the drivers for your HP printer:
- Turn on your printer.
- Unplug the USB cable through which your device is connected to your printer.
- While trying to install the printer’s software, you will be prompted to connect the USB cable again.
- Go to https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers to install respective drivers.
- If you see the let’s identify your product to get the started page, select printer.
- Now provide the name, type, and model number for your printer and hit Submit
- Click Change to and choose the version of your operating system.
- Now click on download in the driver’s
- While installing, make sure you select Typical or Recommended installation-type.
Step 4: Restart your device:
Reboot your devices both printer and computer after installing devices.
- Press and hold the Power key to shut down your printer.
- Quit all the programs open in the background and restart your device.
- Start your printer.
- Start scanning again.
There are many other ways to resolve if you want to know more about the troubleshooting methods or looking for a perfect solution for the issue, reach the HP customer support via toll-free numbers.