HP printer error 49.4c02 is one of the most hideous issues, which is unluckily very common too. The issue is temporary but on some printing devices, it can render permanent effects. In other words, after the first encounter, your device becomes prone to it, and a little negligence can invite the 49.4c02 error on your printer which disturbs your workflow and the overall functioning of the machine.
The major cause of such errors is the interrupted communication between the printer and the computing device. There are several other reasons which promote the error on the printer, let’s unveil the causes and solution for HP printer error 49.4c02. If you are running out of time and manual troubleshooting isn’t what you want, contact HP support phone number for real-time assistance or remote troubleshooting from HP technicians.
Check and Fix the Network Issues To troubleshoot the error 49.4c02
Check the network connection:
- Check the LAN connection, and reboot your device once.
- Make sure your printer shows up the “Ready mode”.
- In order to resolve the issues, try to print the configuration page, Go to menu and select print configuration.
- If you are able to print the configuration page, you must fix the network connection to retain the stable performance.
Follow the steps to troubleshoot network issues:
- Configure the IP address first.
- You must upgrade the firmware of your printer, once it shows the Ready mode.
- Re-install the drivers for your printer.
Clear the Printing queues by removing the stuck printing jobs
Go to Start option and then Printers and Faxes. Start the printing Queue and if nothing is necessary, you can remove the printing jobs from the queue. Delete each job from the queue and make sure everything is clear. Try to print again.
Update the Firmware of your Hp printer
In order to check the status of the printer’s firmware, you can try the following methods:
- Print the configuration page of your printer.
- On the printed copy of configuration page, you can see the “Firmware Date Code”, and the Firmware version.
- Now, check the date and if it’s too old, update it immediately.
Alternative method to update the firmware:
- Go to the official HP website and select “support and drivers”.
- Type the model number of FP printer, and follow the prompts.
- Select “Cross OS from the table that is showing on the screen”.
- Check for the version and if any update available.
- Click on “easy firmware update utility” if you can see an update.
- Click download and begin the installation.
How can you avoid the HP printer error 49.4c02?
After troubleshooting, let’s check how can avoid this error to maintain the stability of our Hp printer.
Print the image for PDF documents:
Another main reason which attributes to the HP printer error 49.4c02 is printing a PDF format. Usually, PDF files are typed in too small and compact fonts which affect the printer’s memory. So one can print the PDF documents as an image, to cut the complexity.
Important note: Before beginning, clear the stuck printing jobs if any and clear the print queue.
- Remove the PDF and cool down the printer first.
- Restart your HP printer.
- Go to the printing option and select the PDF file.
- Press the Window key+ P and open the Print Window.
- Select the Advanced Button.
- Choose the Print as Image option. Select OK>>Print.
- Now check the location for the print as an image document
If the issue has gone really far and you are no longer able to control it, calling HP printer customer support can save your day. Dial the toll-free number and get the best solution from HP experts.