Drivers play a crucial role in the functioning of your printer. There are several ways to install printers on your brother’s printers but one must pick the best method and the right drivers in order to maintain the optimum performance of devices.
The methods that are required to install the drivers for your Brother’s printers are given below. All methods are comprehensively analyzed and tested before offering you and hence are completely safe. But if you find something unusual with the drivers of your device, call Brother Support number for the help.
These method are used to install a new printer or update the existing one.
Method 1: Download the update from the official website:
- Open the official website of Brother’s printers.
- Now search for the printer model you are looking for by using the search bar.
- Alternatively, you can go to the product type and select your model.
- Click on Download.
- Now you will prompt to select the operating system.
- Then tap on search.
- Now, select the Printer Drivers and then Drivers
- Next, hit Agree to the EULA and Download.
- Once the file is downloaded, you need to locate the .exe file and follow the prompts to complete the instructions.
Method 2: Use the Device Manager to update the printers:
- Press “Windows+R” to open the Run box on your device.
- Now enter devmgmt.msc in the search box and hit press Enter key on your keypad to open device manager.
- Now, Device manager will open.
- Open the Printer and then Printers queues.
- Right-click on the Update Driver Software.
- Now select “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
- The Windows manager will automatically update your printer’s drivers.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
Important Note: If you already have right drivers on your device, it will automatically inform you with a message.
Method 3: Install your Brother’s Printer driver manually:
If you have connected your PC with printers using USB, the built-in drivers can be installed in an easy manner. Most of the times the drivers will configure automatically on your device.
With Network Connections:
- Open the control panel.
- Go to Hardware and Sound and then Devices and Printers.
- Select the Advanced printer setup.
- Choose the Model name and click Next.
- If the model name is missing, follow the steps:
- Select “The printer that I want isn’t listed” and then
- Now choose the option namely Add a printer using TCP/IP address or Hostname, and then press “Next”.
- Under the section Hostname or IP address, enter the IP address and then the name of the model.
- Look for the Query the Printer and automatically select the driver to use option and then Next.
- Next, from the drop-down menu which consists of Brother and then the Model name from the list.
- Tap next to Continue.
- Once installed click on Finish to continue
All the above-given methods vary in nature and one must choose the appropriate according to the type and hardware of your device. A user must update the set of drivers whenever a new release hits. This will definitely enhance the longevity of your device and let you enjoy all the recently introduced features by the brand.
An alternative approach:
The methods may not help you as you are facing some other issues which are preventing you to install or update drivers. In such cases, brother printer technical support is the most effective remedy to soothe your technical pains. Dial the toll-free numbers in order to reach the Brother’s Printer professional and get the best solution in the quickest manner.